The Suzuki SFV650 Gladius is a naked bike with a 645cc V-Twin engine. With a red trellis frame and an aggressive design, this motorcycle features an incredible design. The bike remains true to the reputed Gladius series which is known for its high-performance motorcycles at an affordable price. Borrowing design elements from its predecessor, the SV650, this variant sports a refined look and delivers better performance. The following sections constitute a brief review of the SFV650.
1. The 645cc, 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled V-Twin engine is packed with Suzuki’s advanced technology to deliver raw power. The fuel injection system brings out a perfect balance between performance and economy. The engine churns out 71Bhp at 9,000 rpm offering a maximum torque of 63.1 Nm at 7,600 rpm.
2. A smooth 6-speed transmission with cam type system enables easy shifting of gears with the least possible mechanical noise.
3. The steel trellis frame features a rake of 25 degrees and a trail of 104mm that not only deliver a sporty handling, but also give a magnificent look.
4. The two floating disks of 290mm diameter are coupled with dual-piston calipers. The single 240mm rear brake works in conjunction with a single piston caliper.
5. The fuel tank capacity is 14.30 litres. 6. Suzuki is offering a two-year warranty on this motorcycle.
1. The SFV650 features a six-instrument cluster above its headlight including a digital speedometer, digital clock, analog tachometer, odometer and dual trip meters. We also get to see the digital gear position indicator that is a rarity in a motorcycle at this price point.
2. The multi-reflector headlight is shaped organically and features the high and low beams.
3. The stylish 17-inch wheels made of aluminium alloy sport a 5-spoke design. The dimensions of the front and rear wheels are 17 x 3.50 inches and 17 x 5.00 inches, respectively.
4. The seat’s height is adjustable.
5. The SFV650 can reach a top speed of 123 mph or 197 mph.
6. At approximately 67.80 MPG, this bike has a decent mileage given the maximum power it can produce.
7. The front and rear suspensions are telescopic and link type respectively, and both feature a coil spring and oil damped mechanism.
1. The revved-up engine that delivers a huge amount of power is a plus.
2. Suzuki has done some excellent work to create a quiet and strong gearbox that facilitates a smooth transition of gears
.3. Good value for money.
4. At 202kg, it feels right and easy to handle. The bike’s ergonomic design gives sheer pleasure while riding the bike. Even at high speeds, the SFV is sturdy and does not produce any vibrations whatsoever.
1. It would have been nice if the bike sported ABS
.2. The SFV’s design feels slightly old but is attractive. We would’ve appreciated if Suzuki packed more modern-looking hardware such as radial-mount front brakes or an inverted fork. Also, the instrument panel looks too similar to SV650’s. It could have been redesigned.
At a price of $7,699, the Suzuki Gladius can be an affordable alternative to the Ducati Monster 696. It is light and crispy feel combined with a smooth low to mid-range power delivery makes it a great street bike. It is also an ideal contender to the Honda CBR650F and Kawasaki Ninja 650.